Window Replacement Made Easy
Did you know that American Craftsman makes window replacement easy? We build windows that are specifically designed for easy window replacement.
- If you have old, drafty windows that are a drain on your energy bill, are hard to open or need frequent scraping and painting, you can easily replace them with American Craftsman® replacement windows.
- Installing a replacement window can be a rewarding do-it-yourself project, requiring only basic skills and tools.
What makes a Replacement Window easy?
- A replacement window, commonly referred to as an “insert” or “pocket” window, is a window that is sized to fit inside your existing window frame, minimizing the disruption to your home on both the interior and exterior.
- If your existing window frame is in good condition (i.e., free of rot or damage) and the opening is at least 3-1/4” deep, then it is likely that you can use a replacement window. If your existing window frame is not in good condition, then the entire window must be removed and replaced with a “full-frame” window.
What are the Benefits of a Replacement Window?
- Using a replacement window allows you to keep your existing window frame, interior trim and exterior trim in place so there is minimal disruption to your home, saving you time and money.
- A replacement window offers the same level of energy-efficiency, features and options as “full frame” windows, yet is much easier and cost effective to install.
- A replacement window installs from inside your home, so windows on the second story are easier to replace.
Need more information on installing or removing windows? Click Here for Instructions